Spirulina: The Amazing Green Superfood Fit For Any Smoothie!
- 1 cup of milk (preferably almond, coconut, hemp, or raw milk)
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 1 fresh or frozen banana
- 2 teaspoons of spirulina
- A little honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten (optional)
1. Place the ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until nice and smooth.
2. Pour into a serving glass and sprinkle over cacao nibs if desired.
BENEFITS OF SPIRULINA SMOOTHIE
Spirulina has many health benefits including high levels of protein, healthful fatty acids, and several vitamins and minerals like the B complex, vitamin K, vitamin E, beta carotene, zinc, copper, iron, manganese, and selenium. Additionally, research is beginning to show that spirulina has several healing properties. It seems to have a positive effect on immunity, allergies, certain viral infections, liver damage, and more. In its powder form, spirulina could be a potent and powerful addition to your next smoothie.
- Better immune system functioning
- Improved brain health
- Improved blood quality
- Detoxification and cleansing